|Traka21 is used to manage access to the remote programmable Abloy Protec2 CLIQ keys |
NHS Trusts are becoming more and more focused on providing the best patient care in hospitals across the UK. A recent study by one NHS trust showed that nurses spent as much as 40 minutes in an 8 hour shift looking for keys to drugs cabinets.
Traka21 is used to manage access to the remote programmable Abloy Protec2 CLIQ keys. Abloy’s drug management solution – Protec2 CLIQ programs the keys to allow access to certain areas of the hospital. This innovative solution helps hospitals focus on delivering better patient care by using digital technology, and allows doctors and nurses to spend more time with patients, and less time searching for keys.
What is Traka21?
Ensuring that the right keys are available to the right people at the right times is a concern for every organization. Traka21 is a sophisticated stand-alone key management system which combines innovative RFID technology and robust design to provide small and medium sized businesses with the advanced management of 21 keys or keysets in an affordable plug and play unit.
- Stand-alone Plug & Play solution with advanced RFID technology;
- Touchscreen interface;
- PIN access to designated keys or keysets which are individually locked in place;
- Keys are securely attached using special security seals;
- Simple to configure through setup wizard;
- No requirement for network connection or PC;
- Concealed robust fixing points allow secure wall fixing;
- Mains operated with optional battery backup.
What is Protec2 CLIQ?
In today’s dynamic business environment, high security procedures are vital while greater flexibility and scalability are required.
ABLOY PROTEC2 CLIQ is an easy to use access control system based on mechanical high security disc cylinders combined with highly encrypted electronic locking and identification. Dual locking – the highest level of mechanical locking combined with the highest level of electronic locking.
- Manage the system remotely with ABLOY CLIQ Web Manager software – define validity and access rights of keys;
- Access rights are updated in the wall PD or mobile PD on locations mounted all around the world;
- After updating the rights in the remote wall PD or mobile PD, the user can access locks everywhere they have been authorized to open – using a single key.
And how does it work?
Traka21 and Protec2 CLIQ provide a full audit trail on all the keys within the cabinet, providing security and accountability to the Hospital
Each nurse is provided with their own personal staff ID code, which is pre-programmed by the hospital prior to roll-out of CLIQ system along with their name into the Traka 21 cabinet. The nurses will then have access to anyone of a number of keys within the cabinet, programmed to only work CLIQ locks in drug cabinets on the specific hospital ward they work on.
After they pick a key, it is then immediately validated in CLIQ Wall PD situated alongside the Traka 21 cabinet. Any specific key is validated for a time period normally no more than 12 hours, the maximum length of their working shift.
Nurses now have access to specific pre-determined drugs cabinets across their ward. Traka21 and Protec2 CLIQ provide a full audit trail on all the keys within the cabinet, providing security and accountability to the hospital.