HID Global, a worldwide provider of trusted identity solutions, opens this week’s HIMSS with a powerful line-up of new and recently announced strategic collaborations and solutions that are fueling the healthcare IoT.
Attendees will learn how the HID Location Services IoT platform is improving clinical workflows and operational compliance; providing better collaboration and clinician safety; and delivering enhanced condition monitoring of temperature-sensitive or perishable vaccines and other bio-medical assets.
Healthcare IoT solution
Live demonstrations can be seen in HID Global Booth #4873 in Orlando Florida at the Orange County Convention Center from February 12 - 14, 2019. Demos showcase critical areas in which HID’s IoT location services platform, enabled by Bluvision (part of HID Global), is helping hospitals automate and scale their healthcare IoT ecosystem:
- Protect clinicians from workplace violence using HID’s BEEKs Duress Badge, the latest beacon addition to HID Location Services. The beacon addresses the growing need to protect doctors, nurses, and other caregivers from threatening situations that arise in the hospital environment. It also provides an instantaneous and easy way for personnel to send security staff real-time distress alerts from anywhere in or around the hospital campus.
- Eliminate operational bottlenecks and improve patient workflows with real-time location services for monitoring clinician and patient workflows, while also solving the challenge of locating any asset in real time. Demos include ZulaFly clinical software and analytics applications integrated with HID Location Services that illustrate these use cases, as well as staff safety and environmental monitoring applications in a connected healthcare environment.
- Improve environmental monitoring of medication and vaccines via Emerson’s integration of HID’s BLE sensors into its environmental monitoring system for condition monitoring, automated alerts, audit trails and location services. The advanced medical-grade temperature monitoring demos highlight these features and analytics reporting through the HID’s IoT platform.
- Enhance the way finding and visitor experience inside the hospital, across campus and even in parking lots with HID’s healthcare IoT solution-enablement platform that simplifies delivering real-time location services, and Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform for enterprise-level mobile way finding, engagement and data. Demo includes mobile indoor navigation around the HID booth using both HID’s battery and AC powered BLE beacons.
- Automate hand hygiene monitoring for better compliance with HID Location Services, combined with the data generation capability of partner technology, that enhances the existing base sanitizer dispensers in hospitals. The demo features smart dispensers from an HID partner with HID Global’s BLE module that reads, detects and audits the dispensing of sanitizer with clinician badge.
Self-learning wireless networks
In addition, HID Global and Mist Systems, a pioneer in self-learning wireless networks powered by artificial intelligence (AI), announced at HIMSS that the two companies are working together to converge Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)-based location services with Wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure for better deployment, management, and operations of IoT devices.
The combined solution provides a simple architecture for scalable IoT asset tracking and management that reduces costs, eliminates complexity, and fosters rapid adoption across organizational functions and use cases.