About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global products
HID Global news
There are many new technologies at ISC West this year. There are also some tried-and-true solutions on display. More mature products have the benefit of being fully vetted and battle-tested, which may make them a more comfortable choice for security customers. I had a couple of discussions on Day 2 of the show about the advantages, and possible drawbacks, of new products. “To a security director, when you say ‘new,’ he translates that into ‘risk,’” says Bill...
HID Global, a globally renowned company in trusted identity solutions, has announced the general availability of WorkforceID Authentication solution, the latest addition to its cloud platform for creating a seamless, effortless experience for issuing, managing and using identity credentials in physical and digital workplaces. Workforce ID Authentication Workforce ID Authentication builds upon HID’s proven and widely deployed multi-factor authentication platform for consumer applications,...
HID Global, trusted identity solutions announced the general availability of WorkforceID™ Authentication solution, the latest addition to its cloud platform for creating a seamless, effortless experience for issuing, managing, and using identity credentials in physical and digital workplaces. Multi-factor authentication platform Workforce ID Authentication builds upon HID's proven and widely deployed multi-factor authentication platform for consumer applications including online and cell...
HID Global case studies
HID Global, an identity solutions company announces that Antigua and Barbuda have deployed HID® Integrale™ for CRVS to modernize the country’s civil registry system. The solution helps the country embark on a digital transformation by enabling the secure registration and reporting of life events of residents and visitors, and offers a single, true source of verifiable identity information. The Government of Antigua and Barbuda (GOAB), the Ministry of Information, Broa...
HID Global, the globally renowned company in trusted identity solutions, has announced that it has deployed the government of Libya’s first diplomatic and special ePassport program. HID Integrale HID Global provided Libya’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) with HID Integrale, a secure end-to-end solution that expedites the application and issuance processes and manages the entire ePassport lifecycle. For improved security, the redesigned and modernized booklets include a durable...
Access IS, part of HID Global, is delighted to celebrate the successful launch of contactless payments across the Stockholm region by SL (Storstockholms Lokaltrafik). Building on the successful mass deployment of Access-IS ticket readers and validators back in 2019, the latest upgrade to the system sees Access-IS devices in train gates and ticket offices as well as bus mounted validators being upgraded to permit full cEMV contactless payment capability. Contactless ticketing Ticket reading is...
HID Global white papers
HID Global virtual events
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000