About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global news
There are many new technologies at ISC West this year. There are also some tried-and-true solutions on display. More mature products have the benefit of being fully vetted and battle-tested, which may make them a more comfortable choice for security customers. I had a couple of discussions on Day 2 of the show about the advantages, and possible drawbacks, of new products. “To a security director, when you say ‘new,’ he translates that into ‘risk,’” says Bill...
The Security Industry Association (SIA) has named Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) and Rep. Donald Payne, Jr. (D-N.J.) as the 2019 recipients of the SIA Legislator of the Year Award. The awardees will be honored at the upcoming SIA GovSummit, taking place June 26-27 in Washington, D.C. The SIA Legislator of the Year Award is presented annually to members of Congress and other elected officials who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership in advancing legislation and pol...
The focus of the global security industry will shift to London this month for IFSEC International, Europe’s ‘integrated’ security event focusing on the latest technologies and the opportunity to learn from the industry’s top leaders and experts. IFSEC will be held from 18-20 June, 2019, at ExCel London, welcoming 27,000 security directors and managers, installers, integrators and distributors. The exhibition at IFSEC may not be as large as previous years, and several bi...
HID Global case studies
It is essential that governments be able to issue identification credentials so citizens can exercise their civic rights and duties, access programs and services, and travel freely to and from other countries. HID Global, globally renowned trusted identity solutions, has enabled numerous African countries to issue millions of these credentials as the company helps to propel a variety of initiatives across the continent aimed at providing “identity for all.” Secure ID card issuance...
HID Global, a global provider of trusted identity solutions, announced that Tasmania’s Old Kempton Distillery (OKD) has deployed its Internet of Things (IoT) enablement platform, HID Trusted Tag Services, to combat counterfeiting of its world class whiskeys, gins and other liquor products. HID’s innovative IoT platform for brand protection, combined with the web application developed by local integrator AusNFC, enables Old Kempton Distillery to guard against gray market activities a...
HID Global, provider of trusted identity solutions, announces that the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Grenoble, France has selected HID’s radio frequency identification (RFID) tags and its patented direct bonding technology for automated handling of biological samples at cryogenic temperatures of 196°C (-321° F) in liquid nitrogen. EMBL Grenoble creates high-resolution pictures and 3D atomic models of biological macromolecules using a specialized imaging process c...
HID Global white papers
HID Global videos
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000