About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global products
HID Global news
There are many new technologies at ISC West this year. There are also some tried-and-true solutions on display. More mature products have the benefit of being fully vetted and battle-tested, which may make them a more comfortable choice for security customers. I had a couple of discussions on Day 2 of the show about the advantages, and possible drawbacks, of new products. “To a security director, when you say ‘new,’ he translates that into ‘risk,’” says Bill...
Safetrust, a globally renowned virtual credential solutions provider, has announced bringing Touchless Mobile Access and WiFi options to the millions of HID iCLASS SE and multiCLASS SE readers deployed currently with their new SABRE MODULE. Touchless Mobile Access The 30-second plug-in makes the SABRE MODULE the fastest way to enable touchless mobile access at the door, turnstile or elevator, while using existing readers. SABRE MODULE enables hands-free access authentication from a configurab...
HID Global, a worldwide provider in trusted identity solutions, unveiled its new HID® ELEMENT product line, the industry’s heavy-duty, fully modular desktop-based card personalization portfolio that establishes a new category for mid-range and high-volume market segments. The portfolio’s enhanced card production capabilities, flexible system architecture and cost-effective deployment model empower organizations to create custom secure ID and financial card production solutions f...
HID Global case studies
HID Global, a worldwide in trusted identity solutions, announced that the University of Connecticut (UConn) has selected its Seos® smart cards and HID® FARGO® Connect secure issuance solution to optimize student services and strengthen security across its five-campus network. The HID FARGO Connect cloud-based platform enables UConn to decentralize ID issuance and eliminate student wait times, while Seos technology eliminates the vulnerabilities of its legacy system. Identification p...
HID Global, a worldwide renowned company in trusted identity solutions, has announced that it has been selected by Jakarta-based service office provider, Werkspace Indonesia, to power its access control system, allowing several hundred users to access their co-working space conveniently and securely. Established in 2017, Werkspace is one of the fastest growing co-working space providers in Jakarta, and currently serves both startups and established businesses that need professional, reliable an...
Valdosta Regional Airport in Valdosta, Georgia offers three daily commercial flights to and from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, along with general aviation. The airport contains three runways, two of which are used by commercial aircraft. The airport offers ground transportation, free parking, a Subway restaurant, and many other services such as hangar space and flight training to name a few. Previously, Valdosta Regional Airport operated a legacy Matrix access control system...
HID Global events and tradeshows
HID Global white papers
HID Global virtual events
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000