About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global news
In many regards, 2018 was a turbulent year for the physical security marketplace, driven by evolving technologies and changing customer needs, among other factors. Year-end is a great time to reflect, so we asked our Expert Panel Roundtable: What caused the most disruption in the physical security marketplace in 2018?
Consolidation persisted in the physical security industry in 2018, and big companies such as Motorola, Canon and UTC continued to make moves. Also among the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) news in 2018 was a high-profile bankruptcy (that ended well), continuing consolidation in the integrator market, and the creation of a new entity called “LenelS2.” Here’s a look at the Top 10 M&A stories in 2018: 1. Motorola Acquires Avigilon Motorola Solutions announced in Februar...
The concept of how security systems can contribute to the broader business goals of a company is not new. It seems we have been talking about benefits of security systems beyond “just” security for more than a decade. Given the expanding role of technologies in the market, including video and access control, at what point is the term “security” too restrictive to accurately describe what our industry does? We asked the Expert Panel Roundtable for their responses to this p...
HID Global case studies
HID Global, a worldwide provider of trusted identity solutions, was selected by Skanska, one of the world’s project development and construction groups with operations in Europe and North America, to incorporate HID’s mobile solution for secure access to its new office complex in Warsaw. Powered by Seos, HID Mobile Access improves the user experience and increases security throughout the entire building – from the parking lot and elevators to areas with limited access to the pu...
It began with a desire to help students fit in. Officials in Maine School Administrative District (MSAD) 58 introduced uniform bar-coded plastic ID cards to replace their existing color-coded punch cards so that students eligible for free lunches would not easily be identified by their friends. “In the past, students used punch cards to buy their lunches,” said Angel Allen, Technology Director for both MSAD 58 and neighboring district, MSAD 9. “The different colors identified t...
Dayton Public Schools (DPS) covers about 53 square miles in Dayton, Ohio. The school system is comprised of 30 school buildings and special centers with approximately 15,000 students in pre-kindergarten through high school. An urban district, DPS brings innovative students and teachers together to develop productive citizens ready to serve their communities. Core to achieving their mission is ensuring first, that students arrive at their school and at their classes, on time and ready to learn....
HID Global white papers
HID Global videos
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000