About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global news
There are many new technologies at ISC West this year. There are also some tried-and-true solutions on display. More mature products have the benefit of being fully vetted and battle-tested, which may make them a more comfortable choice for security customers. I had a couple of discussions on Day 2 of the show about the advantages, and possible drawbacks, of new products. “To a security director, when you say ‘new,’ he translates that into ‘risk,’” says Bill...
HID Global®, a provider of trusted identity solutions, announces that it has acquired HydrantID, a provider of management and automation services to secure enterprise organizations’ data, IT systems, networks, and Internet of Things (IoT). Specializing in public key infrastructure (PKI) as a service, HydrantID has issued over three million PKI credentials and secured over 125,000 domains – a perfect complement to HID’s IdenTrust business, which is a pioneering digital cert...
HID Global®, a pioneer in trusted identity solutions, will exhibit a host of new products, including biometrics at the door and new integrations, at HID booth #1503 during this week’s GSX 2019 in Chicago. As a sponsor member of the recently launched FiRa™ Consortium, HID Global will feature a demonstration of Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology. The company will also showcase its award-winning HID Cellphone Access® solution and Seos® credential technology. Visit the HID boo...
HID Global case studies
People and vehicle access control specialist, Nortech offers a number of products within the Nedap product range that use vehicle tagging to identify individual vehicles while they are moving through a monitoring point. uPASS Reach reader The uPASS Reach reader offers long-range vehicle identification for up to 5 meters using the latest UHF technology. With consistent reading up to 5 meters and adjustable onsite reading as just two of the benefits of the system, the uP...
HID Global, globally renowned trusted identity solutions provider, has announced support for Seos-enabled student IDs in Apple Wallet. Beginning this fall, students, faculty and staff at Clemson University will be able to add their IDs to Apple Wallet and use their iPhone and Apple Watch to access buildings on campus, purchase meals and much more. Seos-enabled student IDs “HID Global is excited to play an important role in creating transformative connected university experiences that mak...
It is essential that governments be able to issue identification credentials so citizens can exercise their civic rights and duties, access programs and services, and travel freely to and from other countries. HID Global, globally renowned trusted identity solutions, has enabled numerous African countries to issue millions of these credentials as the company helps to propel a variety of initiatives across the continent aimed at providing “identity for all.” Secure ID card issuance...
HID Global white papers
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000