About HID Global
HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in products, services and solutions related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers worldwide. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for OEMs, integrators, and developers serving a variety of markets that include physical access control; IT security, including strong authentication/credential management; card personalization; visitor management; government ID; and identification technologies for technologies for a range of applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions
- 2014: Acquired Lumidigm, a global leader in biometric authentication solutions
- 2015: Acquired Quantum Secure, a leading provider of software solutions for managing identities, compliance, and provisioning access within physical security infrastructure
- 2015: Acquired IAI Industrial Systems B.V., a leading provider of high-quality personalization solutions for identity documents
HID Global news
The Mission 500 5/2K fundraiser is a tradition for many attendees at ISC West. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Mission 500’s Security 5k/2k fundraiser at ISC West to help children and families in need across the U.S. Registration to participate in this year’s event, scheduled for April 11 at 7:30AM, is now open at www.security5kreg.com. For those who are unable to attend the event but wish to donate or sign up as a virtual runner can do so by visiting the registration website...
The industry faces numerous challenges in the coming year. Physical and cyber security threats continue to become more complex, and organizations are struggling to manage both physical and digital credentials as well as a rapidly growing number of connected endpoints in the Internet of Things (IoT). We are witnessing the collision of the enterprise with the IoT, and organizations now must establish trust and validate the identity of people as well as ‘things’ in an environment of in...
HID Global, a provider of trusted identity solutions, and Mist Systems, a pioneer in self-learning wireless networks powered by artificial intelligence (AI), announces that the two companies are working together to converge Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)-based location services with Wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure for better deployment, management, and operations of IoT devices. With HID Location Services that is enabled by Bluvision, HID Global is an innovation in the IoT space as market pionee...
HID Global case studies
HID Global, globally renowned trusted identity solutions provider, and Phunware, Inc., a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, has announced their collaboration to improve the experience for hospital patients and visitors to find their way within medical facilities, using wayfinding on their mobile phones. Wayfinding is indoor navigation to guide a person step-by-step on the way to a desired destination.&n...
HID Global, a worldwide provider of trusted identity solutions, was selected by Skanska, one of the world’s project development and construction groups with operations in Europe and North America, to incorporate HID’s mobile solution for secure access to its new office complex in Warsaw. Powered by Seos, HID Mobile Access improves the user experience and increases security throughout the entire building – from the parking lot and elevators to areas with limited access to the pu...
It began with a desire to help students fit in. Officials in Maine School Administrative District (MSAD) 58 introduced uniform bar-coded plastic ID cards to replace their existing color-coded punch cards so that students eligible for free lunches would not easily be identified by their friends. “In the past, students used punch cards to buy their lunches,” said Angel Allen, Technology Director for both MSAD 58 and neighboring district, MSAD 9. “The different colors identified t...
HID Global white papers
HID Global events and tradeshows
HID Global videos
611 Center Ridge Drive
Telephone: (512) 776-9000