IDIS is supporting affordable and straightforward return-to-work steps with its new AI Box (DV-2232) for COVID-19. Powered by the industry’s most accurate IDIS Deep Learning Engine and compatible with IDIS Deep Learning Analytics (IDLA), the AI Box for COVID-19 is a simple add-on appliance that’s compatible with existing IDIS network cameras and DirectIP® NVRs, eliminating the need for complex analytics software or edge VA devices.
The IDIS AI Box for COVID-19 includes functions for social distancing adherence, people counting and occupancy control, crowd detection, mask detection and dashboard and reporting tools that are critically important for compliance.
Safe working practices
Users also benefit from a perspective view, giving superior analysis compared to top view analytics cameras
These practical deep learning-based features support safe working practices which help prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infections. Users can take advantage of four advanced video analytics functions simultaneously across 32-channels and each camera stream, making the cost-effective IDIS AI Box adaptable for all sizes of business.
Users also benefit from a perspective view, giving superior analysis compared to top view analytics cameras and ensuring that each camera provides exceptional surveillance for security, safety, and data intelligence.
Advanced video analytics
IDIS AI Box advanced video analytics enables some of the most important counter-infection measures:
- People Counting & Occupancy Monitoring - counts the number of people coming in and out of premises (stores, banks, pharmacies, and busy commercial sites, for example) showing the status of occupancy in real-time. Using cameras positioned at entrances and exits, the IDIS AI Box generates precise AI-assisted alerts to overcrowding, with real-time calculations to underpin occupancy control interventions. For retail customers, dashboards positioned at store entrances use a simple 3-step traffic light system to automate the admissions and flow in and out. In addition, the dashboards show estimated wait times at peak periods and allow retailers to customize the displays with company logos and promotional graphics.
- Social Distancing – detects distances between individuals and sends an alarm when a defined distance is violated. Users can configure event notifications to issue verbal reminders and select from five spacing sensitivity levels depending on local state, industry, or sector-specific requirements.
- Crowd Detection - alerts building and store managers to overcrowding in pre-selected zones and triggers event alarms every time bottlenecking or overcrowding occurs.
- Face Mask Detection - detects people wearing a mask or people not wearing a mask, giving users the ability to configure and trigger event alarms and issue verbal reminders accordingly.
- Reporting – comprehensive reporting tools are provided for all four of these video analytic functions. They provide data analysis, including people counts and occupancy, along with any violations, by time, day, and month, for accurate and required recordkeeping. This data can also be exported to Excel spreadsheets for easy referencing.
Credible and practical solutions
“The COVID-19 pandemic has tested everyone’s resilience,” says James Min, Managing Director, IDIS Europe. “IDIS has developed credible and practical solutions to help reduce infection risks, with automation that improves operating efficiency and technology that avoids the cost of hiring in additional manpower or redeploying existing staff to higher-risk front-line roles.”
“Moving forward much of this functionality will also prove particularly valuable for retail, with AI-driven video delivering insights into shoppers’ behavior, helping to convert browsing into sales and improving the customer experience and for facilities managers to optimize buildings and workspace.”