Delivering secure remote access to the smart home with KNX, the Gira S1, available from Ivory Egg, enables users to remotely connect to their KNX smart home with total security.
How? The Gira S1 ensures that all communication is encrypted and secure as the server for the Gira device portal is located in Germany and is subject to German data protection laws. This ensures that stringent data protection standards are applied so all Gira customers are fully protected with safe and secure technology.
Preventing Unauthorized Access
Both the Homeserver and the X1 allow you to manage and control lighting, blinds and heating from anywhere in a building or remotelySwitching off the light, checking camera images, switching on the heating and/or closing the blinds while on the move has never been safer, removing the risk and opportunity for unauthorized persons to gain access to your smart home system.
Working in conjunction with the Gira X1 or Gira HomeServer App, the Gira S1 communicates with the Gira device portal: removing the need to laboriously activate a VPN or special settings in the router! Both the Homeserver and the X1 allow you to manage and control lighting, blinds and heating from anywhere in a building or remotely and make visualizing a family home with a KNX system more convenient and functional than ever before.
Smart Home Solutions
And thanks to Gira S1, homeowners can now define who has access to their smart home safely and securely.
Mark Warburton, Technical Director at Ivory Egg, says “The introduction of the Gira S1 answers the clear demand for intelligent smart home solutions which offer secure remote access. With the market for smart homes readily gaining traction, I believe that user-security will become a primary concern for homeowners. To be able to overcome this potential problem with a simple remote access module is what our industry needs to progress this type of technology and have it viewed as a prerequisite for the modern home.”
- Secure remote access to a smart home with KNX using the Gira HomeServer or Gira X1 App
- Secure remote access to web-based visualizations
- Secure remote maintenance and remote programming of the Gira HomeServer, Gira G1, Gira X1, Gira L1, and Gira KNX IP router
- Secure remote maintenance and remote programming of KNX projects using ETS4 or ETS5. Programming is supported along with diagnosis via group and bus monitor
- Secure remote access to HTML pages in the smart home network (e.g. camera, NAS, router, switch)
- Secure data transfer courtesy of SSL/TLS encryption
- Independence from internet provider and network routers. Secure remote access even with IPv6 Dual Stack Lite - (e.g. with Unitymedia), LTE, or UMTS connections
- Remote access can be managed via KNX communication objects
- Feedback of the secure connection statuses via KNX communication objects
- Send KNX status messages via email. An attachment can be added to the email, as an option
- Send KNX status messages by SMS or voice call
- Optimized KNX IP communication, for mobile or very slow connections
- Supports the accelerated transfer of the ETS to KNXnet/IP devices via a direct KNX IP connection
- Two RJ45 sockets with switch functionality support simple loop-through of the patch cable
- Quick and convenient Gira S1 start-up via the Gira device portal
- 2 GB of data each month
- Unlimited operating life and 5 years' guaranteed server operation
- Functional extensions and updates via firmware and software updates
- Firmware update is performed via the Gira Project Assistant (GPA)
- Hardware prepared for KNX Secure. Future firmware update required