Digital Watchdog (DW™), the industry leader in digital recorders, surveillance cameras and related management software, announces the release of the latest update for DW Spectrum™ IPVMS. The new v2.5 software adds powerful new features including a bookmarks engine and storage backup, performance improvements and improved support for multi-sensor cameras.
Easy Approach To HD Surveillance
DW Spectrum IPVMS is an elegantly easy cutting-edge approach to HD surveillance, addressing the primary obstacles and limitations of managing enterprise-level HD video while offering the lowest total cost of deployment and ownership of any solution on the market. The software offers advanced search features to help you quickly find incidents or instantly review an exact date and time. The software is cross-platform, installs quickly and provides instant network mapping and discovery to start viewing your entire security system in minutes. DW Spectrum IPVMS is a perfect solution for any application that requires ease, speed, efficiency, and unprecedented image quality.
“With the timely release of DW Spectrum 2.5, it continues to deliver unprecedented return on investment without the need for an annual maintenance agreement.” said Patrick Kelley, Director of IP Sales – North America, Digital Watchdog. “These new features are seamlessly incorporated into the DW Spectrum user interface, providing a dramatically easier user experience for all user levels than any other video management solution on the market.”
DW Spectrum™ IPVMS Features:
- New Mobile Apps - Brand new cross-platform mobile apps for iOS and Android with better performance, revamped design and consistent user experience across both Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
- Bookmarks - Users can create bookmarks for specific segments of archived video with names, descriptions, and tags either manually or via the Rules & Events engine.
- Storage Backup - Users can now set up scheduled or real-time archive backup of high-res, low-res, or all streams from selected cameras to local, NAS, or even cloud-based storage locations (e.g. ftp sites, Amazon Prime Storage, etc).
- PTZ Preset as an Action - Users can now set up rules to trigger a PTZ preset as an action (e.g. create a motion event on a fixed camera that triggers the PTZ to look at the spot where motion occurred).
- Alarm Layout - allows users to set display-camera-on-Alarm-Layout as an action (aka pop-up video on alarm).
- Live Video Text Overlay - allows users to create custom text overlays-as-an-action (including Generic Event API).
New Device Support:
- Axis F44 Main Unit
- Axis Q6000E panoramic camera
- ACTi V23 4 Channel Encoder (with I/O Support)
- Messoa IP Cameras (with I/O Support)
- Hikvision DS-6704HFI 4 Channel Video Server
- Implemented "Advanced" Settings for DWC-BVI2IR cameras
- Improved support for DWC-PZV2M72T cameras
- Vista VK2-1080XVRDPTPMF camera now mapped for advanced PTZ
- Arecont RTSP camera support implemented
- Digital I/O support for Arecont cameras implemented
Improvements To Management Software:
- Added "Connect" button to the "Test" dialog during dialog
- Updated viewing cell icons and improved styling for "info" data
- Calendar widget can now be pinned
- Added layout background support for video wall
- Transcoding is now enabled by default for video export from multi-sensor cameras (e.g. DWC-PZV2M72T)
- Added warning before export if export will result in video downscaling (applies only to very high resolution or multi-sensor cameras)
- "Timeline mode" renamed to "Time Mode". Change can be seen in timeline, timestamps in Event Logs, Audit Trail and Bookmark Log
- Added ability to sort Alarm/Event Rules by any column
- Improved "Server Settings" and "System Administration" dialogs - now changes can be applied without closing dialog
- Storage Analytics improvement - storage utilised by deleted/moved out cameras is displayed separately
- Storage usage optimisations and improvements
- Improved time synchronization mechanism between Servers
- Improved error messages for some cases of push updates failure
- "Free Storage Space" is increased from 5Gb to 50Gb for NAS Server SSL can now be disabled
- API documentation is improved and extended
- General Server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics