|HID Global will demonstrate a variety of solutions based around its award-winning HID on the Desktop solution|
HID Global , trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, will showcase its advancements in physical access and information access systems at next week's 2011 RSA Conference in San Francisco, CA. With HID Global's recent acquisition of ActivIdentity , a global leader in authentication and credential management, HID is expanding its offering to deliver a unique portfolio of strong authentication, single-credential solutions for organizations seeking advanced yet convenient security.
"The acquisition of ActivIdentity is a logical and complementary extension of HID Global's secure identity strategy and positions us to be the first player to leverage the value of combined physical access control and IT security," said Anthony Ball, senior vice president, Identity and Access Management (IAM) with HID Global.
"Our integrated portfolio will enable existing and future enterprise, financial services and government customers to meet their security and compliance requirements with the industry's broadest range of user authentication solutions."
HID Global will demonstrate a variety of solutions based around its award-winning HID on the Desktop solution for PC logon and physical access, and ActivIdentity authentication and credential management solutions at the HID booth #823 and ActivIdentity booth #1128 in the Moscone Centre.
HID on the Desktop
|The acquistion of ActivIdentity by HID Global has enhanced the secure identity services provided by the company|
HID on the Desktop allows organizations to leverage existing physical access cards to deploy an additional layer of IT security using smart card technology, PKI and digital certificates. It is a three-component solution for deploying the most "risk-appropriate" authentication based on an organization's unique security requirements:
- Contactless smart cards and Crescendo contact smart cards. Crescendo can enable PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) cryptography and digital certificates.
- naviGO credential management software enables the addition of PC logon functionality to cards regardless of the existing physical access control system or IT infrastructure.
- HID's OMNIKEY readers include a contact and/or contactless interface with support for a variety of desktop and mobile applications.
ActivIdentity ActivID™ Card Management System (CMS)
Demonstrations will include the installation, configuration and deployment of ActivID CMS. The solution issues and manages the lifecycle of PIV Cards for the delivery of fully integrated physical access control and IT security solutions.
Credential and Reader Solutions:
- Genuine HID technology cards enable users to seamlessly manage multiple applications and migration projects through a single credential containing diverse technologies.
- HID's Edge reader and VertX controller line for access control applications will be on display and connected to ActivIdentity's ActivEntry solution that brings physical access control systems to full compliance with U.S. government standards.
Printing and Encoding Solutions
- HID's FARGO® HDP5000 card printer/encoder delivers a High Definition Printing solution for superior print quality, durability and greater security. It produces reliable, professional quality, personalized color ID cards and security encoding all in one pass. The HDP5000 is on the GSA list for FIPS 201 Approved Products.
RSA attendees who visit both the HID and ActivIdentity booths to view a demonstration will instantly win a gift card, and be entered in a daily drawing to win an iPAD or digital camera on each day they view the demonstrations.