|HID Global will showcase products and services that are popular for banking industry and government applications|
HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, recently announced it will showcase the latest advances and broad portfolio of secure identity solutions for creating, using and managing secure identity at the region’s largest event for banks, retail, telcos and government during next week’s Cards Middle East 2012 conference in Abu Dhabi.
Thomas Harenberg, vice president of Sales, Government ID Solutions, Middle East with HID Global, will present insights on “Innovations in visual ID security: reducing the threat of counterfeit ID” at two seminar sessions.
During the sessions, Mr Harenberg will explore the growing need for heightened security as criminal counterfeiters increase their efforts to exploit ID technologies and credentials. Acknowledging the challenges created by the fact that the majority of e-documents are still authenticated ‘visually’ by inspection agents, Harenberg will explain the industry drivers, technology combinations and advances available to government organizations when they produce or procure secure, anti-counterfeit ID cards.
“It is absolutely critical that national, state and local government sectors stay ahead of the counterfeiters and are aware of new technologies and innovative processes that will continue to help them to protect cards, cardholders, and greater security interests,” said Mr Harenberg.
These seminars will be held from 14:30 on Tuesday 15 May in Conference Room A and at 13:00 on Wednesday 16 May in the ID and Identification Theatre, both at ADNEC, Abu Dhabi.
HID Global will showcase products, solutions and services that are particularly popular for banking industry and government applications, at Stand #42 at ADNEC. Visitors will be able to see the creation process of secure identities and experience ID card personalization using the company’s world’s leading FARGO® desktop card printing portfolio. They will also be able to inspect the security features of corporate ID cards as well as citizen ID cards and electronic passports. An instant issuance solution for the banking market produced in conjunction with an industry leading software partner as well as HID’s ActivIdentity® credential management solution will be demonstrated on the show.
The products, solutions and services on show for the banking and governmental sectors at Cards Middle East will include:
- FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder: A superior high definition industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput ID issuance with optional lamination and add-on modules to help meet specialized print requirements in the future.
- Government-to-Citizen ID Solutions: E-documents, readers, inlays, prelaminates, LaserCard® optical security media (OSM) and smart card ID credentials for e-passport, national ID, foreign resident, worker ID and vehicle registration programs.
- FARGO HDPii high definition card printer/encoder: A printer that makes instant card issuance practical, affordable, and profitable for a wide range of financial cards. Combined with the Gemalto Dexxis instant issuance software, HID Global showcases the complete issuance solution for the banking environment.
- FARGO DTC1000 dual side and DTC4500 printer/encoders: The most advanced compact printer ever, the DTC1000 is a simple to use, plug-and-play model while the DTC4500 is a robust, high performance printer perfect for large businesses and government institutions, producing full color ID cards and security encoding – all in one pass.
- ActivID® Credential Management System Appliance: Showing how to manage Secure Identities, HID will demonstrate its latest out of the box ActivIdentity ActivID Credential Management solution.
Visitors to the booth interested in exploring a broader view of secure identity technology will also gain valuable insights from multimedia demonstrations of HID Global’s mobile access solutions, such as the award-winning iCLASS Secure Identity Object™ (SIO) enabled iCLASS SE® access control solutions. iCLASS SE enables the use of digital credentials on Near Field Communications (NFC) smartphones while delivering increased functionality and unprecedented levels of security.