Tsunami® MP-8100 Delivers Wireless Performance In Excess Of 4G Products On The Market Today
Proxim Wireless Corporation, a leading provider of complete indoor and outdoor wireless broadband ecosystems, has announced the Tsunami™ QB-8100 point-to-point (PtP) and the Tsunami™ MP-8100 point-to-multipoint (PtMP) products for wireless backhaul and connectivity for systems requiring wire-like bandwidth. The new Tsunami product family combines MIMO and OFDM technologies with Proxim's Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP) to provide best-in-class wireless connectivity for everything from building-to-building connectivity, IP video surveillance backhaul, and connectivity for other bandwidth intensive applications.
"With the Tsunami MP-8100 and QB-8100 solutions, Proxim gives system integrators of all types and sizes a platform with the flexibility to support a multitude of applications," said Sean Muir, Senior RF Engineer - Network Design, of Networks by Wireless, Ltd.
With these new products, Proxim is offering high-performance wireless backhaul and connectivity solutions that exceed 300 Mbps performance at the most competitive price point in the market. As a result, these products are capable of supporting more bandwidth intensive applications (like HD video surveillance, wireless ITS, and more) simultaneously with a single CPE.
Proxim's Tsunami QB-8100 and MP-8100 provide the ideal wireless solution for a number of applications, including:
- Building-to-building connectivity with easy-to-deploy wireless backhaul
- Wireless backhaul for WISPs and 4G networks
- Wireless connectivity for IP video surveillance networks
- Connectivity for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and other bandwidth-intensive applications
Features of the Tsunami QB-8100 PtP and the Tsunami MP-8100 PtMP solutions include:
Performance and range
- Over 100 Mbps performance. Performance is per link for PtP applications, and per sector for PtMP applications.
- Range in excess of 70 kilometres.
- Very low latency of the order of 1 to 2 milliseconds.
- Non-line-of-sight capable utilizing OFDM and enhanced MIMO techniques.
Widest range of frequencies
- Operates in licensed, unlicensed, and public safety frequency bands with support for 2.3-2.5 GHz, and 4.9-6.08 GHz available today. 3.3-3.7 Ghz and 4.4 Ghz will be available in the next phase.
Advanced hardware and software technologies
- Wireless backhaul products utilizing MIMO 3X3 technology.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with POE In/Out to power video surveillance cameras or other radios.
- Integrated antennas or split design with external antennas.
- Carrier-grade security (AES 128 and Radius Authentication).
- Premium features such as QoS, VLANs, bridging and routing.
|Manufacturer||Proxim Wireless Corporation|
|Model code||Tsunami MP-8100-BSU|
|Series||Tsunami™ MP-8100 Series|
Bit rate Bps: 300
Interface: Two auto MDI-X RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
Weight g: 3300
Dimensions mm: 267 x 267 x 83
Operating Temp oC: -40 ~ +60
Operating Humidity %: 0 ~ 100
|Download PDF version|