|Timothy Tickle is the new General Manager for the Orlando area and Jason Gervais General Manager for Portland|
Protection 1, the largest full-service business and home security company in the U.S., recently announced that it has named a number of industry professionals to new management roles across the country to include:
- Kevin Compton, who will serve as the new Operations Manager in the Baltimore area. Compton will report directly to Robert “Bert” McDonald, General Manager of the Baltimore office. Compton started his career more than two decades ago in an entry level position and worked his way to a management role by holding a variety of positions in install, service and sales including service supervisor, service and installation manager. During that time he has managed teams of employees, helping to add structure and a good work environment that increased productivity while reducing costs.
- Timothy Tickle is the new General Manager for the Orlando area. Tickle will report to East Regional Vice President Chris Massaglia. Tickle started his career in the security industry more than 15 years ago as a Service Manager and within five years assumed the position of General Manager for Stanley Works. He has also held the positions of Global Director of Sales and Operations at Aware Digital and Director of Sales and Marketing for Signature Systems of Florida. Over the years, he has gained extensive knowledge and experience working with access control, security, fire and IP video solutions.
- Jason Gervais was promoted to the role of General Manager for of the Portland, ME branch. Prior to his promotion, Gervais served as Operations Supervisor for the area where his leadership helped the region consistently achieve top rankings for key metrics across multiple categories. He will report directly to James Metz, Regional Vice President for Protection 1. Gervais has been in the security and engineering industries for 15 years. Prior to joining Protection 1 nearly four years ago, he worked for SimplexGrinnell where he held a number of different positions.
- James Mark Lee has been hired to fill the role of Commercial Sales Manager for the Charlotte branch. Lee will report directly to Charlotte’s General Manager Chris Jones. Prior to joining Protection 1, Lee was District Sales Manager for Stanley Convergent Security Solutions and owned and operated his own company, J. Lee, Inc. where he focused on designing, engineering, programming and project management for audio visual, control and automation, security and notification systems for small, medium and large businesses and higher education projects.
- Carlos Martin has been hired to lead the commercial sales efforts in Orange County, CA as the new Commercial Sales Manager. Martin will report directly to John Conrique, General Manager for the Branch. Martin has been in sales for over ten years, two of which were spent in the security industry. Last year, he was recognized for being over 100% of his annual sales. Martin attributes his success to leading by example and motivating and encouraging his team mates and helping them succeed.
”At Protection 1, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to enhance our field teams whether they are hired from outside the company or promoted within,” said Don Young, Protection 1’s Chief Information and Operating Officer. “Our people are at the heart of our success and through their commitment; we continue to rank highest in customer satisfaction in our industry.”