A10 Networks, the technology leader in Application Networking, recently announced a new trial version of its SoftAX virtual machine (VM). SoftAX is a software-based AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with the same full range of Layer 4-7 load balancing, application acceleration and security features, helping customers and cloud providers to rapidly build cloud environments and deploy as needed based on demand. With SoftAX, which can be installed on commodity hardware atop a hypervisor in less than 10 minutes, customers reduce hardware costs, deliver on data center consolidation initiatives and gain the flexibility to deploy to compatible Cloud Computing providers.
In tandem, A10 has enabled universal access to its online community portal, the Virtual Application Delivery Community, also known as the Virtual ADC (www.virtualadc.com). A10’s Virtual ADC delivers fast access to technical information and the ability to interact with other A10 customers and subject matter experts. The site not only pulls together original Virtual ADC content (for example blogs and aFleX Layer 7 scripting forums) but also features useful links to technical and educational content (for example the LeXicon glossary and a quick link to software downloads).
“A10’s charter has always been to make our solutions easy to use and deploy, lowering the barrier of entry for our very complex and intelligent traffic management tools,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. “The new automated SoftAX trial version introduces our AX solutions to a much wider audience, in tandem with our open community web site, which gives our customers and partners additional technical knowledge to better realize the power of our technology."
A10 Networks will be demonstrating it complete range and new trial version of SoftAX at the upcoming IP Expo from the 17th to 18th October at Earls Court 2 in London, on stand number F70. Paul Nicholson, Director Product Marketing for A10 Networks will also be presenting an experts view of: “A Better Approach to Application Delivery in the Cloud” at the IP Expo Cloud Applications & Services Theater on the 18th October from 13:50pm for 30 minutes.
Nicholson is also available on request for a one-to-one briefing at the event covering any aspect of the A10 Networks product portfolio, roadmap, customers and go-to market strategy.
SoftAX Trial Version
- Enables up to 5 Mbps of bandwidth for 30 days of testing
- Can be upgraded to a full production copy at any time
- Bandwidth can be increased with "pay-as-you-grow" model, up to 8 Gbps
- Certified for and by VMware, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Lync 2010
- No human interaction to download and license
- Can be deployed in under 10 minutes
- Full-featured version with the latest code and software upgradable
- Test configurations portable to AX Series hardware appliance
- Virtual ADC forum (www.virtualadc.com) available for questions, even without a support contract
- VMready certification – This ensures SoftAX meets the high standards of
VMware vSphere compatibility, and installs and operates correctly with VMware.
- Microsoft exchange 2010 certification - SoftAX optimizes Exchange performance and increases security, including end-to-end email encryption with options other vendors do not offer today
- Microsoft Lync 2010 and OCS certification - The SoftAX is the only virtual ADC currently certified by both VMware and, for the Microsoft Lync application, by Microsoft. The SoftAX also is certified for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS), which is the predecessor to Lync.
Virtual application delivery community
- Now open to the public, including SoftAX trial license users
- AX Series forums for technical discussion
- Dedicated aFleX forum with sample scripts and discussion
- aFleX and other solution tutorial pagesIndustry related blog entries, commentaries and technical advice
- Quick links to technical resources, including software downloads