Boon Edam Inc., a global leader in security entrances and architectural revolving doors, recently announced that the company has changed the names of its full height and waist high security access gates to match the naming conventions of its turnstiles. The full height security gate has also been re-engineered to offer more flexibility, improved aesthetics and ROI.
New Names for Security Gates
Since the acquisition of Tomsed Corporation in 2005, Boon Edam continues to fabricate and improve upon the same durable turnstiles and gates that made Tomsed the largest turnstile manufacturer in the United States. As of today, the gates are the last products for which names will be officially changed from the old Tomsed model names to names consistent with the Boon Edam product line. Effective immediately, the THT-51 full height security access gate is now the “Turnlock Side Gate,” and the THG-42 waist high access gate is now the “Trilock Side Gate.”
Updated Metal Full Height Gate and Options
Boon Edam has recently re-engineered the Turnlock Side Gate to improve longevity, aesthetics and the flexibility to adjust the functions of the gate in the field, should ownership change. New features of this full height security gate are:
- Availability in two standard sizes: a 36” opening or a 48” opening.
- Choice of electric strike or maglock.
- Motorized closer with a weather-resistant cover to improve longevity.
- Ability to configure left-hand or right-hand swinging direction in the field.
- Optional panic bar and tamper-proof mesh kit can now be easily installed in the field.
Transparent Side Gate Aesthetic Upgrades
The transparent, Lexan™ paneled version of the Turnlock Side Gate is often used in interior locations next to Boon Edam’s transparent Turnlock 200 or 250 turnstiles. In addition to all of the enhancements listed above, this security Side Gate now offers these aesthetic improvements:
- Metal rails and stiles that are assembled using, interior, concealed fasteners and minimal welds.
- Brushed stainless steel (#4) cladding on the header of the gate to match the stainless steel top channel cover or canopy of an adjacent Boon Edam turnstile.