Tamron DF024NL Mega-pixel/full HD/ultra-small 3X Zoom Lens
Tamron Co., Ltd., specialized manufacturer of optics and one of the leading companies in the security/surveillance equipment industry announces development of a compact zoom lens for integration with camera modules, Model: DF024NL, supporting 3 mega-pixel resolution in near-IR for security/surveillance use.
Demand for cameras in fully integrated forms such as mini-dome and bullet-type cameras is on the rise in the security/surveillance market due to ease of installation and well-refined cosmetic design. While cameras require performance exceeding the HD/Full HD resolution, the constraint on the geometric size and compactness are mandated, especially for lenses for mini-dome cameras.
Tamron has begun selling Model DF010NL "2-Mega-Pixel/Full HD/Ultra-Small 3X Zoom Lens" (1/3" 3-9mm F/1.2) since 2012. The lens, a compact 3X zoom one of the smallest in the industry and fitting nicely within 3" domes, has been extensively adopted by many camera manufacturers, setting a standard for mini-domes.
Mini-dome cameras incorporating a small zoom lens are installed indoors as well as outdoors, and deployed for day/night 24-hour surveillance. When images are captured in black-and-white under very low light conditions in the night-time, the quality tends to drop down to near an SD-level resolution, significantly lower than that in the daytime. In response to the strong market demand for high-quality day/night use, Model DF024NL is developed with the image quality substantially enhanced by use of a new optical design optimally tuned for various lighting conditions around the clock.
1. Enhanced image quality in the visible light range by means of a new optical design (for 3-mega-pixel cameras)
- While the existing mini-dome camera market is moving toward higher than 2-mega-pixel/Full HD resolution, Tamron took an early start on a new optical design to deliver 3-mega-pixel resolution over the entire zoom range under visible light, which has achieved unprecedented high-resolution image quality breaking through a conventional standard.
2. Enhancement of near-IR image quality by means of a new optical design (Mega-Pixel)
- Efficient compensation of optical aberrations in the near-IR bandwidth, and enhancement of resolution and quality for mega-pixel cameras have been achieved by means of a new optical design, delivering clearer black-and-white images when an IR-cut filter is disengaged in the night-time.
3. A compact size that fits within 3" mini-dome camera housings
- The lens retains one of the smallest sizes in the industry, to fit within 3" mini-dome camera housings, without compromising image quality.
4. A horizontal FOV angle of 93°at the wide-angle end (for 1/3" cameras)
Features inherited from DF010NL
- Use of a mount compatible with DF010NL - Geometrical dimensions of the mount and the boss are compatible with DF010NL. DF024NL is compatible with former products in installation and usage.
- Incorporation of a stepping motor for focus / zoom drive - Higher-precision focus / zoom adjustment is enabled by use of a lead-screw stepping motor, a feature identical with DF010NL.
- Continuous employment of the highly-reliable IR-cut filter ON / OFF switching feature that has been validated by DF010NL.
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/2.7|
|Focal Length mm||3 ~ 9|
|F-Stop||F/1.3 ~ F2.2|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
Tamron DF024NL is a mega-pixel/full HD/ultra-small 3X zoom lens. The lens, a compact 3X zoom one of the smallest in the industry and fitting nicely within 3" domes, has been extensively adopted by many camera manufacturers, setting a standard for mini-domes. The DF024NL is developed with the image quality substantially enhanced by use of a new optical design optimally tuned for various lighting conditions around the clock.
|Download PDF version|