What is Body worn video cameras?
Body worn video (BWV) cameras, also known as body cameras, are video recording systems. These cameras are used by law enforcement to record their interactions with the public. Known to raise officer and citizen accountability, body worn video cameras also help in gathering video evidence at crime scenes. Form of closed-circuit television, the body worn video cameras are generally placed on the front of a shirt.
Some of the notable benefits of Body worn video cameras include:
• Increase public reassurance
• Reduce fear of crime in local communities
• Increase early guilty pleas
• Resolve complaints about the police or wardens more quickly
• Reduce assaults on officers
Cloud Video and Smart CitiesDownload
Making Sense of Today’s Security Camera OptionsDownload