The 8th annual SANS Security Awareness Summit’s theme is ‘Managing Human Risk’. Traditionally, awareness events have focused on topics such as ‘engagement’, ‘interaction’ and ‘gamification’.
While important and will continue to be developed, everyone should remember that awareness is about driving behaviour change and ultimately, managing human risk. The goal of this theme is to help mature the field and better align it with the strategic security priorities of organisations around the world.
Secure the Sauce Scavenger Hunt!
Only at the Security Summit 2021, attendees will have a chance to experience the Secure the Sauce Scavenger Hunt firsthand for FREE, participate in the various challenges, with the chance to win prizes! Registration information will be shared on the first day of the Summit (August 5), so one of must be registered for the Security Awareness Summit 2021.
The 2021 Security Awareness Summit & Training will feature:
- In-depth Summit Talks - The industry's top practitioners will share their latest security awareness research, solutions, tools, and case studies. Gain insight on the latest proven advances and approaches in communicating to, engaging and securing the workforce. This is a global summit and will feature speakers and talks around multiple time zones.
- A One-of-a-Kind Virtual Networking Experience - This event is designed by the community for the community. This Live Online event offers exclusive access to connect with fellow Awareness community, leading experts and analysts, as well as SANS instructors and staff. Attendees tell time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from a SANS Summit is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
- Closely Aligned SANS Awareness Live Online Courses, Including MGT433: Managing Human Risk - Enhance knowledge base and add to the toolkit with a hands-on, immersive course taught by top SANS instructors and course authors.
Who should attend?
- Compliance Officers / Legal / Audit: Learn how to effectively ensure that the organization is compliant with all standards and regulations that require any type of security awareness, training, and education.
- Security Awareness / Culture Officers: This event was made specifically for them, need we say more?
- Chief Information Security Officers: Learn what is involved in securing employees, how to more effectively manage human risk, and how others are demonstrating impact and gaining support from senior leadership.
- Security Engineers / Architects: For those who live in the world of securing bits and bytes, take a moment to learn the other side of security, the human world. When approached correctly, organizations are turning their employees into their greatest security strength. Develop new skill sets, advance career and learn how to take the security program to the next level.
- Education / Training: Learn how to take expertise in the world of training and education and apply that to the world of information security.
Network with Peers and Make Invaluable Connections
In addition to two days of in-depth cyber threat intelligence discussions, attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow attendees via virtual chat and challenges. Attendees say time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from SANS Summits is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
CPEs & Certificate of Completion
- Attendees will get 12 CPEs for attending the Security Awareness Summit. (6 for each day attended)
- Currently, CPEs are not issues to those who view the Summit recordings.
- A Certificate of Completion will be available in the account after the conclusion of the Security Awareness Summit & Training 2021 [August 14]
- SANS will automatically submit the CPEs to GIAC within 7-10 days, after the event’s end date of August 14, 2021.