Borer Introduces The Combined Smartcard Reader And Controller Which Supports Power Over Ethernet
Borer Data Systems intelligent ‘FUSION Smartcard Reader' is a door entry solution for use in networked access control applications.
Aesthetically pleasing with a sleek black housing and just 45mm wide, the FUSION Smartcard Reader has full card validation and decision making capabilities at the point of entry, eliminating the need for a separate control panel, wall box and mains power supply at each door bringing significant cost savings at the time of installation and over the lifetime of the product.
One of the most impressive features is that Firmware updates can be automatically downloaded directly to the reader head over the LAN enabling new generations of smart cards to be supported when they are introduced (e.g. move from Mifare to DESFire).
The FUSION Smartcard reader beings support for industry standard (ISO 14443A and B - Mifare and DESfire, ISO 15693) technologies where a single card can be used for a range of applications including: access control, attendance recording banking, travel card and cashless vending.
- Complete Single Door Access Control Solution in one reader head
- Large Database with a capacity of up to 120,000 card holders/transactions at the reader enabling access decisions to be made at the reader head.
- Secure Database, all cardholder details are heavily encrypted to prevent manipulation or misuse of data
- Future Proof - Firmware updates are automatically downloaded directly to the reader head over the LAN enabling new smart card standards to be supported when they are introduced.
- User Programmable open format Mifare cards which, unlike systems that use proprietary and exclusive formats, eliminates single supplier dependence and benefits the user with lower cost for replacement cards
- Eliminates the Need for a separate control panel, wall box and power supply reducing component count, bespoke cabling requirements and installation complexity and associated costs
- Two bicolour LEDs and polyphonic sounder gives clear user feedback when a card is presented
- Works with Borer Midspan Bridge technology to deliver power and data to the door over a single CAT5e/6 cable
- TCP/IP Network Connection via Borer Bridge facilitates direct connectivity to the access central management system and database
- ‘Power over Ethernet' Technology manages energy supply to the lock, extends the lock life and reduce the amount of energy consumed at the door by up to 80%
- ‘Plug and Play' makes for faster installation & commissioning
- Energy Savings - Save from £20 per door per annum on energy costs.
|Manufacturer||Borer Data Systems Ltd|
|Model code||Fusion Smart Card Reader|
|Reader Type||Smart Card|
|Reader Output format||TCP/IP|
|Read Range mm||80|
|LED / Beep||LED, Beep|
Voltage: 12 V DC
Power Consumption: 60 mA
Dimensions mm: 110 x 42 x 15
Weight g: 55
|Environmental Specifications||Operating Temp oC: -25 ~ +60|
|Additional info||Complete single door access control Solution in one reader head. Dual database of cardholders and access rights held at every reader head, allowing fall back to the last known good database in the event of a data corruption or network interruption during database download. Large database with a capacity of up to 120,000 card holders/transactions.|
|Download PDF version|