March Networks, a global video surveillance and video-based business intelligence firm, is pleased to introduce its new VA Series IP Cameras, a comprehensive line of 2 MP and 4 MP cameras, featuring advanced encoding technology and built-in video analytics.
VA Series IP cameras
The VA Series IP cameras deliver a range of features for indoor and outdoor applications at a cost-effective price point. Incorporating the latest imaging sensor technology for improved color reproduction, the cameras deliver sharp, detailed video in the most challenging lighting conditions.
Their Ambarella chipsets make them fully compliant with the U.S. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
Their Ambarella chipsets make them fully compliant with the U.S. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and power the cameras’ video analytics, including tripwire, abandoned object, loitering detection, intrusion detection, and object removal. Analytics are included at no extra cost, allowing organizations to quickly identify threats and find relevant videos faster.
Region of Interest (ROI) feature
All VA Series IP cameras will also offer an innovative Region of Interest (ROI) feature that allows users to customize compression levels within identified zones and save on storage. Using this feature, customers can identify zones of high or low importance in the camera’s field of view and apply additional compression in those zones.
When combined with March Networks’ existing Low Bit Rate (LBR) feature, the ROI feature can help customers reduce storage and bandwidth by as much as 65%.
The VA Series IP cameras line includes seven new cameras:
- The VA2 Indoor IR Dome – A 2 MP dome offering High Dynamic Range (HDR), integrated infrared (IR) LEDs, hallway mode, and remote zoom and focus.
- The VA2 Outdoor IR Dome – A rugged 2 MP dome with a weather-proof (IP66), vandal-resistant (IK10) enclosure, integrated HDR, IR, and a P-Iris
- The VA2 Indoor NanoDome – A discreet 2 MP dome with an extra-wide, 134-degree field of view (FOV). Includes a 3-axis gimbal for quicker installation, and a 90-degree hallway mode rotation to better capture vertically-oriented scenes.
- The VA4 Indoor IR Dome – A 4 MP dome with HDR, built-in IR LEDs, and adjustable zoom and focus settings.
- The VA4 Outdoor IR Dome – A 4 MP dome with a P-Iris, integrated IR LEDs, HDR, and a rugged IP66 and IK10-rated enclosure.
- The VA4 IR MicDome – A 4 MP dome with a built-in microphone for complete video and audio capture. The camera is available with an 8 mm or 4.0 mm fixed lens.
- The VA4 IR DuraBullet – A 4 MP indoor/outdoor bullet camera with a rugged IK10-rated housing, integrated IR LEDs, and HDR. Includes a 2.7-12 mm lens with a P-Iris.
ISC West 2021
The 2 MP versions of the VA Series, along with the VA4 Indoor IR Dome and VA4 Outdoor IR Dome, will begin shipping in August. The VA4 IR MicDome and VA4 IR DuraBullet will ship in September 2021.
“We are pleased to add the VA Series IP Cameras to our portfolio,” said Frank Splain, Product Manager of Smart Edge Devices for March Networks, adding “Combining high-quality images with features like ROI compression and video analytics – all for an affordable price – will make the VA Series a popular choice for our customers.”
March Networks will showcase new models of the VA Series at ISC West, booth #12045, from July 19-21, 2021 at the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.