Digital Watchdog® (DW), the industry provider in digital recorders, surveillance cameras and related management software, announces the launch of the new E.S.T. System (Elevated Skin Temperature). DW’S E.S.T System (DW-ESTS) provides a quick, contactless solution for initial screening of people on the go. Every industry and institution may benefit from implementing a skin temperature screening system.
Following the U.S. FDA’s COVID-19 Enforcement Policy criteria released in April 2020, the DW E.S.T. is an NDAA/TSA and FDA compliant security-grade thermal camera that provides a low-impact, contactless alternative to traditional screening methods.
At a distance of 6.5 ~16.4ft, with (±0.36°F (±0.2°C) accuracy tolerance, the E.S.T. scanning solution provides a high degree of flexibility to meet the individual requirements of a wide variety of installations.
Elevated skin temperature
Instead of manually taking the temperature of every person entering a building, E.S.T. identifies people with elevated skin temperature so one can easily separate them for additional screening.
“The responsibility for business owners, property managers and school administrators to protect the people coming into their buildings has been raised to an acute level by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Mark Espenschied, Director of Marketing, Digital Watchdog. “Instead of imposing on every person to take their temperatures, the Elevated Skin Temperature System automatically and discretely identifies people who may require additional screening.”
The system includes an E.S.T. Blackbody temperature sensor, a skin temperature scanner camera, and a 2.1MP/1080p HD visible camera, making it easy for users to quickly detect and identify any person that may require additional screening.
- A flexible, single product, integrated solution
- Enables high-throughput prescreening of people to detect indications of elevated skin temperature
- Detailed scanner images showing a temperature for each person
- NDAA/TSA compliant
- At an effective distance of 6.5 ~16.4ft, provides a high degree of flexibility to meet the individual situational awareness requirements of a wide variety of installations
- Dual Image Sensor with thermal detect
- Data processing on the software side
- High accuracy smart auto-calibration with Blackbody sensor
- Smart auto-calibration between the software and Blackbody
- Includes prescreening management software with an easy user interface
- Easy to setup
- Large sensor (384x288), 4x more data
- Alarm outputs for access control integration
- Privacy masks mode
- Multiple view options, including split view, PIP, and single view modes
- Temperature view color scheme adjustment
- FDA compliant
- Tripods included for an out-of-the-box solution (DW-ESTS)