Pivot3, the hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) performance and technology pioneer, announced that it experienced more than 50-percent growth in bookings in Q1-Q3 2018 over the same period in 2017, with significant growth among large enterprises and complex, mission-critical use cases. With IT requiring automation and intelligence to manage increasingly complex workloads and multi-cloud environments, Pivot3 saw high demand for its Hybrid Cloud solutions. Pivot3 also experienced continued expansion with Internet of Things use cases, particularly with Smart and Safe City initiatives.
“Q3 2018 was remarkable for Pivot3, from our growth in sales and introduction of new products to the announcement of our global strategic partnership with Lenovo,” said Ron Nash, CEO, Pivot3. “Enterprises are demanding more from IT, and our growth indicates that the market is increasingly aware of Pivot3 and the power of our Intelligence Engine to simplify management at scale as well as deliver the security and resilience needed to support mission-critical workloads.”
Continued adoption of its Hybrid Cloud solutions, representing more than 60 percent of new sales in Q3Pivot3’s Developments In Q3 2018:
- More than 50-percent growth in bookings in Q1-Q3 2018 compared to the same period in 2017, with 86 percent of new bookings in Q3 comprising large enterprises.
- A 95-percent increase in average deal size in Q3 2018 over the 2017 average.
- Nearly 65 percent of 2018 sales to date have come from satisfied existing customers expanding their deployments to include multiple mixed workloads. Additionally, more than 70 percent of new customers deployed multiple mixed workloads on Pivot3’s platform, indicating that customers are increasingly – and repeatedly – relying on Pivot3’s Intelligence Engine to automate and manage multiple mission-critical applications on a single platform.
- Continued adoption of its Hybrid Cloud solutions, representing more than 60 percent of new sales in Q3.
- Named a Strong Performer in Hyperconverged Infrastructure in The Forrester Wave: Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Q3 2018. Pivot3 ranked within the top three vendors in the current offering category and achieved the highest scores possible for the criteria of built-in security, customer support options and quality of operations and support.
- Announced a global strategic partnership with Lenovo to develop, market and sell solutions optimized for mission-critical Smart City applications and use cases, both in the core data center and at the edge.
- Continued growth of mission-critical Smart City initiatives, including with the City of Bogotá, Colombia, which is deploying a highly-efficient Lenovo/Pivot3 solution to achieve maximum infrastructure efficiency and scale as its surveillance needs grow.
- Launched Intelligent Edge Command and Control, a new ruggedized and SWaP-optimized Hybrid Cloud solution to support sophisticated analytics, VDI and IoT use cases for defense, intelligence and other extreme operations at the ‘tactical edge’.
- Released a new large-scale IoT solution designed to support mission-critical deployments of 500TB or more with greater resilience, scale and ease of use, fundamentally altering the economic equation for customers in large IoT data capture scenarios.
- A diverse range of new customers, including numerous military and federal agencies as well as local governments, a nuclear research facility, multiple educational institutions, a large manufacturing organization and a major sports and entertainment complex. The top industry verticals represented in Q3 sales include government, logistics and transportation, energy and utilities, hospitality, and education.
- Certified its infrastructure solutions for mission-critical IoT, Safe Cities and Smart Building environments operating with Milestone Systems video management software. This allows organizations to gain access to infrastructure proven to deliver the performance, resilience and scale required in mission-critical environments.
Advanced Resilience And Security
The key to Pivot3’s differentiation in the HCI market lies in their Intelligence Engine, which delivers advanced resilience and security"“IT organizations need new levels of automation in their infrastructure to provide the resiliency, availability and low latency required to support rapidly expanding volumes of data and the proliferation of applications and business services,” said Mike Leone, Senior Analyst from Enterprise Strategy Group. “The key to Pivot3’s differentiation in the HCI market lies in their Intelligence Engine, which delivers advanced resilience and security, and automates manageability at scale for customers’ most demanding workloads.”
“Pivot3 has led the industry in supporting mission-critical use cases where security, resilience and management simplicity are required at enterprise scale,” said Nash.
“As customers turn to IT to solve their most pressing business challenges, automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning will become key drivers in enabling the next wave of enterprise-scale digital transformation. Pivot3 is positioned to support this evolution with a foundation of Hybrid Cloud and IoT solutions for the enterprise’s most critical environments.”