The Security Industry Association (SIA) has opened registration for its annual public policy and government security technology conference, SIA GovSummit. At the 2018 SIA GovSummit, security industry leaders and government officials meet and examine technology requirements, review policy trends, and address evolving security challenges. Additionally, the Secure Schools Roundtable on day of the conference will address school security needs, funding, guidelines and standards.
SIA will host SIA GovSummit 2018 at the NAHB headquarters conference facility, located at 1201 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, on June 27-28. Registration is open at the SIA GovSummit website.The first day of the conference will feature a full day of sessions on key government security topics, as well as networking events and the SIA Policy Leadership Awards dinner
IT Modernization In Focus
“Particularly with the emphasis on IT modernization and many active legislative priorities, federal and state governments are reviewing where to invest sin security technologies,” said Jake Parker, SIA Director of Government Relations.
“SIA GovSummit allows government leaders and security industry professionals to collaborate, share information and assess security investment priorities. Our 2018 SIA GovSummit agenda shares wide-ranging perspectives on government security initiatives and helps the private and public sectors work together on important issues.”
The first day of the conference will feature a full day of sessions on key government security topics, as well as networking events and the SIA Policy Leadership Awards dinner.
Session topics for day one of SIA GovSummit government security conference include the following:
New Policies Impacting Security
- IT modernization initiatives: Implications for security and surveillance
- Interagency Security Committee (ISC) policies and best practices: New initiatives in 2018
- New OMB Identity Policy guidelines: Impact on Federal PACS
- CBP’s Technology Infrastructure Strategy for securing the border
- Federal Category Management, GSA contracts and other procurement initiatives
- Harnessing innovations through lifecycle management and tech refresh strategies
- Navigating buy American and other domestic content requirements
Standards For Security Technology
- Movement to the Cloud – Using FEDRAMP for video and other security applications
- Understanding the RMF process for DOD Information Technology
- NIST Standards Development and Security
- Congressional staff discuss legislative developments in impacting use of security technology in defense, homeland security and critical infrastructure protection.
The role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning in video and other applications
- Counter-UAS technology: The path forward for government and private security
- The growing uses of IP audio for threat detection
- Facial recognition goes mainstream: From law enforcement to border security
Secure Schools Roundtable
On day two of the SIA GovSummit conference, in addition to its member visits to Capitol Hill offices, SIA is expanding the popular Secure Schools Roundtable into a half-day event presented in cooperation with the Congressional School Safety Caucus.Important topics for the Secure Schools Roundtable include need for school security guidelines and standards
This timely gathering will be held at room HVC 201 of the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and will feature discussion with key stakeholders from government, education, law enforcement, and industry. Important topics for the Secure Schools Roundtable include:
- The need for school security guidelines and standards
- The role of the federal and state governments in funding school security
- The need for coordination among educators, school facility personnel and first responders in protecting our schools