The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the agenda and speaker lineup for Part 2 of the 2021 SIA GovSummit, its annual public policy and government security technology conference. SIA GovSummit 2021 is being held as a three-part virtual conference, the first of which took place on April 28, with Parts 2 and 3 taking place on June 9 and Sept 21, 2021, respectively.
SIA GovSummit 2021 Part 2
Each year, SIA GovSummit brings together government security leaders with private industry technologists for top-quality information sharing and education on security topics that affect federal, state and local agencies.
The 2021 virtual conference events will explore emerging policy trends, the government’s technology needs and changes in the risk environment that shape the development of products and advanced systems integration.
Cutting-edge security and technology topics
Part 2 virtual conference will feature essential insights from government security experts on critical issues"
“In this second event in the 2021 SIA GovSummit, we look forward to building on the successes of Part 1, with a full agenda highlighting the most critical and cutting-edge security, and technology topics,” said Jake Parker, Senior Director of Government Relations at SIA.
He adds, “The Part 2 virtual conference will feature essential insights from government security experts on critical issues, ranging from how biometrics and cargo screening will facilitate ‘port of the future’ initiatives to smart cities and the latest federal government contracting trends.”
Full-day virtual event program
Part 2 of the 2021 virtual conference will be held as a full-day program on Wednesday, June 9, kicking off at 10 a.m. EDT. Session topics will include:
- What industry suppliers and government buyers need to know about General Services Administration (GSA) contracting program?
- The facial recognition legislative landscape and its impact on security and public safety.
- How technology infrastructure modernization makes communities safer?
- The impact of ‘smart border’ and ‘port of the future’ on the security industry.
- Key considerations and options for moving physical access control systems to a FedRAMP-approved cloud model
Speakers for the virtual event include:
- Kris Ann Nieswiadomy, Business Development Specialist, GSA
- Daniel Stafford, Contracting Officer – Section Chief, Security, and Protection Branch, GSA
- Lynn de Séve, President, GSA Schedules Inc.
- Mark Allen, General Manager, Premises, Identiv
- David Helbock, Senior Sales Engineer, Identiv
- T. Carter, Vice President, Logistics Program Management, Transportation and Border Security Solutions, Leidos
- Eric Dean, Chief Technology Officer, M.C. Dean, Inc.
- Craig P. McIntire, Vice President, Border Security Solutions, SAIC
- Ben Globus, IT Manager, Securityhunter
Free virtual event for government employees
This event is free for all government employees, including U.S. and international federal, state, county and municipal-level staff, plus all military, law enforcement and public safety personnel. SIA GovSummit is considered a ‘widely attended gathering’ and complies with all relevant event guidelines.
Each industry attendee can choose to register for the June 9 session only or purchase an All Access Pass to unlock both the June 9 and Sept. 21 events, along with the on-demand session recordings from the April 28 event, for a discounted rate.