|Johnson Controls and Tyco will function independently up till the close of merger around Oct. 1, 2016|
Johnson Controls and Tyco International has announced the senior executive team that will lead the combined company following the close of their planned merger, which is expected on or around Oct. 1, 2016.
As previously announced, at the effective time of the merger, Johnson Controls Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Alex Molinaroli will be appointed to the same role for the combined company. Tyco Chief Executive Officer George Oliver will serve as President and Chief Operating Officer, with responsibility for the operating businesses and leading the integration, and will become a director on the new company's board.
Mr. Molinaroli will serve as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for 18 months after the closing. At that time, Mr. Oliver will become Chief Executive Officer and Mr. Molinaroli will become Executive Chair for one year, after which Mr. Oliver will become Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
"We are pleased to reach this major milestone on our journey to bring two great companies together to create a global leader in building products and technology, integrated solutions and energy storage," said Mr. Molinaroli. "This team of talented executives will ensure the combined company continues to thrive, grow and create unique value for our customers and shareholders. We are looking forward to bringing our complementary capabilities together to turn the possibilities for smart buildings and urban environments into reality around the world."
Corporate Executive Officers
"We are looking forward to
In addition to Mr. Oliver, upon completion of the merger the following enterprise leaders will report to Mr. Molinaroli:
- Grady Crosby will serve as Vice President, Public Affairs & Chief Diversity Officer – currently holds the same role with Johnson Controls
- Simon Davis will serve as Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer – currently holds the same role with Johnson Controls
- Kim Metcalf-Kupres will serve as Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer – currently holds the same role with Johnson Controls
- Judy Reinsdorf will serve as Executive Vice President & general counsel – currently holds the same role with Tyco
- John Repko will serve as Vice President & Chief Information Officer – currently Chief Information Officer & Enterprise Transformation Leader with Tyco
- Brian Stief will serve as Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer – currently holds the same role with Johnson Controls
- Jeff Williams will serve as Vice President, Operations & Engineering – currently holds the same role with Johnson Controls
Upon completion of the merger, the following business leaders will report to Mr. Oliver:
- Bill Jackson, Executive Vice President & President, Building Efficiency
- Trent Nevill, Vice President & President, Asia Pacific
- Colleen Repplier, President, Fire Protection Products
- Girish Rishi, Executive Vice President, North America Integrated Solutions & Services and Tyco Retail Solutions
- Mike Ryan, President, Security Products and Life Safety Products
- Johan Pfeiffer, Executive Vice President, Rest of World Integrated Solutions & Services
- Joe Walicki, Vice President & President, Power Solutions
Until the close of the transaction, Johnson Controls and Tyco will continue to operate independently under their current leadership structures.