The latest Wisenet Pentabrid video recorders from Hanwha Techwin are designed to extend the life of existing analog based CCTV, while providing a smooth and cost-effective migration to an IP network based video surveillance solution.
Wisenet Pentabrid 4, 8 and 16 channel video recorders
Combinations of analog or IP cameras up to 4K ultra high definition can be connected to the new Wisenet Pentabrid 4, 8 and 16 channel video recorders, with a simple onboard software switch enabling users to convert any channel from analog to IP, when required.
“Although the benefits of an IP network based video surveillance solution are widely understood, analog systems are still being specified and there are also countless legacy systems being retained because the end-user is not yet ready to migrate to IP,” said Uri Guterman, Head of Product & Marketing for Hanwha Techwin Europe.
IP-based video surveillance solution
Uri adds, “This may be because the network infrastructure is unable to support a video surveillance system or provide the necessary bandwidth, but if existing analog systems are still meeting an end-user’s requirements, it may also be difficult for them to justify the investment in upgrading or installing a new network.”
The 6 new Wisenet Pentabrid models support a wide range of Intelligent Video Analytics
He further stated, “In this respect, these new appliances, which are supported by the Wisenet WAVE Video Management Software (VMS) platform, represent a safe and future-proof investment in a recording solution. In addition to supporting all Wisenet IP cameras and Wisenet HD+ analog cameras which are able to capture and transmit images and audio without any latency at distances up to 500m using standard coax, they will also help facilitate the transition to future generation of Wisenet products and, if required, support cameras from selected other manufacturers.”
Integrated with Intelligent Video Analytics
The 6 new Wisenet Pentabrid models which support a wide range of Intelligent Video Analytics including audio, face, defocus, enter/exit and camera tampering detection, can be configured to trigger a variety of actions when an event occurs, such as automatically sending email alerts to specified personnel or move a PTZ camera to a pre-set position.
The model numbers of the Wisenet Pentabrid video recorders are as follows:
- Wisenet HRX-420: 6 channels, Up to 4 channels can be used for analog cameras, 1 internal SATA HDD
- Wisenet HRX-421: 6 channels, Up to 4 channels can be used for analog cameras, 2 internal SATA HDDS
- Wisenet HRX-820: 10 channels, Up to 8 channels can be used for analog cameras, 2 internal SATA HDDS
- Wisenet HRX-821: 10 channels. Up to 8 channels can be used for analog cameras, 4 internal SATA HDDS
- Wisenet HRX-1620: 18 channels, Up to 16 channels can be used for analog cameras, 2 internal SATA HDDS
- Wisenet HRX-1621: 18 channels, Up to 16 channels can be used for analog cameras, 8 internal SATA HDDS