At GSX 2019, in booth 251, Hanwha Techwin America, a global supplier of IP and analog video surveillance solutions, will announce availability in September for Wisenet WAVE 4.0, the next version of their VMS (Video Management System) designed to support the advanced features and license-free onboard video analytics that are unique to Hanwha cameras.
Wisenet WAVE 4.0 VMS
Available from Hanwha’s network of authorized distributors, Wisenet WAVE 4.0 is ideally suited to meet the needs of customers looking for a reasonably priced and easy to use end-to-end video surveillance solution. WAVE gives users the ability to create tailored layouts for the way they want to use their Wisenet video surveillance solutions on any device.
Wisenet WAVE VMS has been very successful for customers looking for a flexible solution that is reliable and simple"
“Wisenet WAVE VMS has been very successful for customers looking for a flexible solution that is reliable, simple and lightweight. With Wisenet WAVE 4.0, we have continued to develop features and functionality our customers are asking for while also building for the future,” said Ray Cooke, Vice President - Products, Solutions, and Integration at Hanwha Techwin America.
Communication with WAVE is via Hanwha’s native unified API for maximum compatibility and efficiency. New analytics support includes:
- Queue Management (Queue-meter) – for retail queue management. Users can set up to three rectangular regions to monitor three lines. If a queue gets backed up, an event can be triggered to alert the end-user to assess and take action.
- Shock Detection – Introduced in the Wisenet X series PLUS line of cameras, gyro sensors can detect when a camera is shaking or enduring physical shock. This can trigger an alarm or custom event in WAVE 4.0.
- Temperature change detection from thermal cameras – When working with the recently released Wisenet thermal cameras, change in temperature above or below a threshold can trigger an alarm in WAVE.
For remote access, a new WAVE mobile app version 19.3 features smart motion search from within the mobile client
For remote access, a new WAVE mobile app version 19.3 features smart motion search from within the mobile client. Users simply press and drag on a region from within the camera’s field of view and motion slices pop up in the timeline showing any motion that occurred within that region within any time period.
In WAVE 4.0, the system architecture has been revamped to ensure every moment is captured and recorded with minimum downtime while providing increased scalability. The previous 50 server limit has been doubled to support up to 100 servers in a unified site (each server can support 128 camera streams). Multi-server failover is built into the software and ready to be activated with only a few clicks, and without requiring any extra failover licenses.
Additional highlighted features in WAVE 4.0:
- Improved support for Wisenet Q series NVRs with integrated PoE
- Improved PTZ support and functionality on NVRs and SPE encoders
- Encrypted video and HTTPS communications provide the ability to force the system to use HTTPS and to encrypt video traffic
- When using WAVE Sync, users can easily merge systems over the internet that are registered to the same user account
A metadata SDK allows for the integration of object metadata (coordinates, tags)
Additionally, a metadata SDK allows for the integration of object metadata (coordinates, tags) generated by third party computer vision applications. This allows for the integration of several functions including the ability to overlay bounding boxes and object paths within video tiles, as well as integrate custom actions and events.
Wisenet WAVE supports all major operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Linux Ubuntu for server application; Microsoft Windows, Linux Ubuntu and Apple MacOS for the client application; and Apple iOS and Google Android for the mobile application and web clients. Hanwha also includes an API package accessible by developers directly within the server application enabling easy third party integration with Wisenet WAVE.
“Small and medium businesses range from one or more large sites, to several campuses or a small chain of sites. These organizations, and their public sector counterparts, demand end-to-end simplicity that is friendly to their budget upfront, and for the long term,” said Cooke. “Wave 4.0 provides just that, with features and solutions for these environments as their needs expand.”