D-Link announced two additions to its portfolio of premium, optimally priced access points – the 802.11ac Unified Wireless Outdoor Access Point (DWL-8710AP) and Dual-Band 802.11ac Unified Wireless Access Point (DWL-6610AP) – are now shipping. Boasting next-generation connectivity, blazing speeds, and advanced management tools, the new access points provide IT administrators with smooth and stable performance. Featuring powerful central processing units (CPUs), beamforming for greater coverage, and enhanced bandsteering for managing traffic, the versatile D-Link access points integrate seamlessly into existing network infrastructure and can be easily scaled to meet future demands.
The 802.11ac Unified Wireless Outdoor Access Point (DWL-8710AP) is specifically designed for deployment in business and campus environments. Designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, the DWL-8710AP includes IP67-compliant housing and dual-band support for 802.11ac devices. All network interfaces are protected against electrical surges, enabling the device to be placed in areas where there is a risk of being struck by lightning. For easy installation, it has integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support1, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available. The DWL-8710AP can also be powered by a separately purchased PoE Injector.
"D-Link’s new access points
Covering Large Areas Without Security Threats
When used together with D-Link’s line of Unified Wireless Controllers, rogue APs in the network are easily detected, and administrators are immediately notified of any security threat. In addition, over 1,000 DWL-8710AP devices may be centrally managed and provisioned, enabling the administrator to scale the Wi-Fi network to cover larger areas.
The DWL-8710AP is also equipped with two radio transceivers – a 2.4GHz 2x2 IEEE 802.11n interface that supports up to 300 Mbps of network throughput, as well as a 5GHz 2x2 IEEE 802.11ac interface capable of up to 867 Mbps of network throughput. The DWL-8710AP also includes two Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces, designed to allow the administrator to easily bridge other networking devices into the network, such as a camera or another Wi-Fi access point.
“D-Link is committed to developing optimally priced solutions for today’s businesses and schools that meet the demands of increasing mobile users and wireless devices,” Oscar Reyes, Vice President of Marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “D-Link’s new access points are highly manageable and capable of blazing speeds, integrating seamlessly into existing network infrastructure.”
Providing unparalleled bandwidth and flexibility for administrators looking to deploy a medium to large scale Wi-Fi network, the Dual-Band 802.11ac Unified Wireless Access Point (DWL-6610AP) is a flexible solution for small businesses that lack resources to tackle the complicated task of network management. Greater reach and flexibility is achieved by using a 2x2 antenna implementation, delivering high combined data rates of 1167 Mbps2. Featuring the latest 802.11ac on its 5GHz band, the DWL-6610AP allows clients to stream media faster and farther than ever before.
"D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime
Beamforming technology enables the DWL-6610AP to deliver even more flexibility in any deployment scenario. In addition, the DWL-6610AP is WMM-certified, supports 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS), and is equipped with a self-configuring cluster feature, making it an ideal solution for small businesses that need to deploy multiple APs but lack the resources to tackle the complicated task of network management.
Benefits Of D-Link DWL-8710AP And DWL-6610AP
- Next Generation Connectivity – Ideal for small- to medium-businesses (SMBs) with dual-band support for 802.11ac devices and over 1 Gbps combined speed for reliable connections
- Versatile Management – Simplify access point deployment with a self-configuring cluster mode and RF resource management for detecting weak signals
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Support – Prioritizes time-sensitive traffic in the event of a network data congestion; when multiple access points are in close proximity the access points will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilized, ensuring no single AP is overburdened by balancing traffic
- Unparalleled Performance – Smooth and stable performance with a powerful CPU, beamforming for greater coverage, and bandsteering for managing traffic
- Lifetime Limited Warranty – D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DWL-8710AP and DWL-6610AP to further its commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence
- Supports up to 32 Virtual Access Points (VAP) – Provides administrators with the flexibility to easily assign access to different classes of users
- Flexible Wi-Fi QoS Schemes – Offers controlled and balanced access
- Power over Ethernet – PoE simplifies and expands installation options, with no supplemental power cabling required
Availability And Affordability
The new D-Link access points are currently available through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors and online retailers.
- 802.11ac Unified Wireless Outdoor Access Point (DWL-8710AP) – $1,199.99 MSRP
- Dual-Band 802.11ac Unified Wireless Access Point (DWL-6610AP) – $659.99 MSRP